Garbanzo Flour (Chickpea Flour)
The Authentic Foods Garbanzo Flour is a protein-rich flour made from dried chick-peas (garbanzo beans). It has a variety of uses including the following:
Ingredient: Garbanzo Flour (Chickpea Flour)
- Garbanzo Flour can be combined with other flours to provide vegetarian fare.
- Garbanzo Flour is commonly used throughout India and in many cuisines of North Africa and the Middle East to make pancakes, pizzas, dumplings, soups and stews. You will find many recipes using Garbanzo Flour in cookbooks from these continents.
- Garbanzo Flour can be substituted for soy flour in most recipes.
- Garbanzo Flour is a good replacement for wheat flour to thicken up soups or sauces. Try adding a little garbanzo flour to some of your own personal recipes for a wonderful high protein-fiber,nutty flavor.
- Garbanzo Flour is great for making hummus, falafels, breads, rolls and muffins.
Serving Size 1/4 cup (38g),Servings Per Container 15
Amount Per Serving: Calories 140,Calories from Fat 25,Total Fat 2.5g(4% DV),Saturated Fat 0g(0% DV),Trans Fat 0g,Cholesterol 0mg(0% DV),Sodium 5mg(0% DV),Total Carbohydrate 23g(8% DV),Dietary Fiber 6g(24% DV),Sugars 4g,Protein 8g,Vitamin A (0% DV),Vitamin C (2% DV),Calcium (6% DV),Iron (15% DV)